Thursday, August 4, 2011

Breaking Dawn Wednesday 8/3/2011

Wednesday 8/3/2011

I have been so backed up with work lately, house work and paperwork mostly that last night when I looked at the weather forecast calling for more thunderstorms and, being that Wednesday is not typically a busy day, I had it in my mind that we would probably be on a delivery only schedule.  I decided that I would forgo my usual 2-3 hours sleep, and instead I would welcome the dawn with what I had hoped would be a much shorter 'to-do' list.

After a few super-sized SF Red Bull, and the entire night without interruption, I managed to mark off about 2% of my list.  5 hours alone were spent on a month's worth of accounting for RaeRae's, and with quarterly sales taxes due right around the corner, I am glad to have gotten that done...however I can't help but be disappointed with all that still remains to be done.  I feel as though I could go without sleep for a month and still not be finished with the current list, never mind the fact that it about doubles with each day.

When the sun finally came up, it was a beautiful day, though the weather folk all but insisted it would start storming around 12:00pm, shortly after we open at 11:30am.  It was a delivery only day, and it worked out well; I was able to get even more done at home in between deliveries (over due phone calls, appointments made, paperwork done, cleaning.) Though, I have to say, I kept waiting for the rain, each hour I checked was another hour the forecast had extended their prediction; what other profession can you be so off and still get paid?


In the late afternoon I was able to meet some contacts at the Mid-Hudson Children's Museum for a walk through of the pavilion where the Annual Soup-A-Bowl, held by the Poughkeepsie Farm Project, will take place.  Did I mention yet that RaeRae's will be participating in the Soup-A-Bowl with one of our favorite seasonal Soups, a dessert & our Organic Quinoa Vegan Chili?...We will!

No comments:

Post a Comment