Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mad Skies and a Lazy Tuesday Turns Creative 8/1/2011-8/2/2011

Monday 8/1/2011 cont.
...That obviously did not go as planned!

Whomever was in or near RaeRae's around 4:30pm knows that the sky grew dark and angry and chastised us with Thunder, Lightning, Rain & Hail.  Needless to say, we packed it in as quickly as we could and ventured home.  Joe, for the first time in months, made his monthly firehouse meeting, yeah! 

Tuesday 8/2/2011
Today was a lazy, hard to get 'up & at'em' morning; nothing a super-sized can of SF Red Bull won't fix.  Got the kids to their destinations and then started the morning RaeRae routine.  Felt a little creative and decided to try a new recipe for Zucchini & Cocoa Muffins, made gluten-free.  I  had to look up some muffin wet to dry ratios but, in the end, didn't follow any advice I found (Joe claims I never do, he uses the word 'stubborn' when talking about my inability to follow a recipe.)  The result was a delicious, not too sweet, but not at all savory, very moist and yummy (but deceivingly healthy) muffin; I will continue to follow my instincts ...not recipes!
 
We are also highlighting several of our farm fresh harvest, Japanese eggplant, green and yellow squash, fennel and garlic in our salad and wrap special.  I really enjoy the variety of produce the Hudson Valley offers.  I only wish that I could have more specials daily, rather than being limited to one or two at most.  Our space is so small that we can only carry so many items on board, additionally we have to calculate what amount of food needs to be refrigerated and what needs to be in the freezer, so that we always maintain our produce, regular menu ingredient, and our specials, at the right temperature.  It would be so great to have a location that gave us more space for both counter and equipment, then I could get really creative!

2 comments:

  1. That's what I envision for you . . . a space for you to let your creativity run wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A restaurant sounds nice. A sit-down place, perhaps in the future.

    ReplyDelete